Black Luster Soldiers - BLS - Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Community database: HERE!

nd server gone? suggest a new server

Go down 
+26
GP-Jubix-Nightmare
exyt
terminator
|Dark|-Zar-
BLS|CirO
BLS:/\
JackDaniels^
`Chr1st-BLS
BLS>Skye
Jesse
MHAD
ß ¹ º
Ch3rry
Rob
twojstary
Capital
Kron
Syphilix
|BLS|Lazarus
{Dark}Shadow
Blub
-{BLS}-Anonymous-
BLS'Vegere
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud
|BLS|Lidstrom
|BLS|Zek
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Capital

Job/hobbies : Unreal Tournament and some others
Humor : ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:50 am

skater-pro@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://fotolog.com/coronelalbo

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:58 pm

I connected to ND and then my UT broke down and I get to see this picture:

*removed by Ava - prob solved.

May I ask what's that about? Rob you could not be more perverted than that, can you?
Is that the sort of picture you like?

Last edited by CoD|»»[Ava]n0x«-- on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kron

Kron

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 BulletDodger
Job/hobbies : My Education
Humor : You

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Gorn Gorn

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:15 pm

that was the worst thing ive seen in my life
Back to top Go down
MHAD

MHAD

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 CuriousCat

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Necrotic Necrotic

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:25 pm

*throws up*

please get rid of image
Back to top Go down
http://clandarkness.freeforums.org/portal.php

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 2:52 am

Tell that Rob!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: RE:you know..   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:59 am

thanks for the MSN sleeeck!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Blub

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:46 am

hello, why do I have to dowload and install a strange file when I want to enter that new mp.co.uk instacombogib server that was modeled after ND??? What happened to the whole NO DOWNLOADS thing??? Razz
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:04 pm

Blub wrote:
hello, why do I have to dowload and install a strange file when I want to enter that new mp.co.uk instacombogib server that was modeled after ND??? What happened to the whole NO DOWNLOADS thing??? Razz

Ho is ff! study

MPUK #7 does not follow the ND philosophy and it was never intended to do so. It's merely a place to continue the existence of ComboGib. MPUK used my settings because that set-up proved successful in the past.

The file you have to download is a part of UTDC; anticheat.

MPUK have set-up MPUK CTF #6, which is superior to #7 because they have implemented my remaining suggestion there:
- !teams support
- Double, Multi... Kill! broadcast
They were unwilling to add these to #7 because they didn't "want to mess with something that's successful". Complete nonsense, in my opinion. But I'm sure you guys - judging from a player's perspective here - rather have stability and continuity of service than innovation. clown

So I'd definitely recommend everyone playing there so they can close down #7 Wink
unreal://85.236.100.115:7777/ ( 85.236.100.115 )
Back to top Go down
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 FaithfulComrade

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Malcolm Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Re. the above: I got an error message after downloading the DLL file - "could not create directory" - I think it's probably a permissions problem under Vista. I haven't tried starting UT in 'administrator mode' and repeating the process, but that might do the trick.
Back to top Go down
BLS'Vegere
BLS Leader

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 MCagain
Job/hobbies : Playing poker, writing poetry/stories.
Humor : I AM humour :D

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Xan Xan

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:01 am

Hey rob, why shut down the servers?
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 SilentButDeadly
Job/hobbies : Tech and Art
Humor : Virtual Reality

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Blake Blake

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:54 am

Shai get Ubuntu,or at least WinXP.Vista sux.
In Linux you are in user mode all the time.When you need admin mode you just type 'sudo nameofprogram' then type ur password and that's it.That's how I start UT in Linux.
Back to top Go down
Capital

Job/hobbies : Unreal Tournament and some others
Humor : ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 am

well the ND servers are down again
whats up Rob?
Back to top Go down
http://fotolog.com/coronelalbo
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 FaithfulComrade

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Malcolm Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:22 am

I've got an Ubuntu Virtual Machine that I use for testing various things - there's no Windows Manager, but I can just about cope with the handful of console tools I need to use - Google is a Godsend when you need a quick tutorial!
SuSE was my main desktop for 18 months back around 2000/2001, I only switched back because there were some apps I desperately needed, and WINE wasn't compatible at the time. I expect I'll move over again eventually Smile
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:38 am

WINE reached 1.0 now,I keep Windows for some games & programs - some work in WINE some don't.But you can find free replacements for many business-oriented software.UT works natively.
Back to top Go down
Jesse

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 TryingToLookGood
Job/hobbies : watching football, Playing Tennis, music, girls ;D
Humor : the chickenhead (artu)

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:27 am

Hi all,

I want to get one good map on ND CTF - Ranel Jolt-Edition.
That map is gonna used a lot in clanwars.
So please add that map.
Back to top Go down
MHAD

MHAD

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:01 am

Hi Jesse! ranel is a pretty good map, i also wish ppl were a bit nicer to ZRYW. pretty ncie ppl i learned
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:32 pm

Maintenance Laughing Don't be hatin'
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:38 pm

You're installing Service Pack 32768a?
Razz
Back to top Go down
Kron

Kron

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 BulletDodger
Job/hobbies : My Education
Humor : You

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Gorn Gorn

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:23 pm

for some reason i cant play at ranal
my comp wont let me play there or a lot of other good maps i want to play at Sad
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:36 pm

Guys, I'm going to attempt to code my entire to-do/wishlist [which are minor changes, but tough to make]. You will not hear from me, or the servers, until I am done.. no matter what cheers
Back to top Go down
BLS'Vegere
BLS Leader

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 MCagain
Job/hobbies : Playing poker, writing poetry/stories.
Humor : I AM humour :D

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Xan Xan

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:31 pm

How long? :/
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:24 pm

I am back. That can only mean one thing: It's party time!

That, and the servers are back flower

Here is an overview of what I've coded up. Let's first focus on the negative: I was able to accomplish all but one goal. Namely, I wanted all scoreboards to show the current date/time. But that would require me to modify and repackage over half of the servers' files since they are all dependent on it. After much pondering I decided the trouble outweighed the benefit.

Now on to the good stuff:

* !SEEN command. Syntax: !SEEN <nickname>. This shows when <nickname> last left the server. So you never have to ask again "has x been here lately?". The command is able to match partial nicknames. E.g.: !SEEN McY0 is likely to yield the same result as !SEEN [BLS]McY0ung. You only have to type the full name if it fails to match a partial name (or returns the wrong person). Partial matches give preference to 'fresh' players, meaning those who played most recently are most likely to be returned if your request matches multiple nicknames. There are a few more optimizations like that to aid you in finding the correct player, fast.

Please allow a few weeks for the database to build.

* !WHOIS command. Syntax: !WHOIS <nickname>. This shows the Hostname (masked)/Ver/OS/Renderer of a player, like when they join. This can be handy if you want to know which version of UT your buddy runs or just for general identification of a player. This command only works for players that are currently in the game. Like !SEEN, this command as able to match based on partial nicknames (giving preference to real players over bots).

* Grappling Hook fixed. (!!) I've written a custom Fire function that bypasses UT's native Fire function. In effect the hook works flawlessly, non-stop. You can now use both Fire and AltFire to shoot/release. Once you are hooked you can use those buttons to unhook, but you can also choose to switch weapons and then Jump if you ever want to let go of the hook (so no need to switch back to the hook to unhook yourself).

* Crash Guard. This will detect when you lose connection to the server and automatically reconnects you. It will also detect server crashes (which are the most likely cause of you getting disconnected). Note: it will not reconnect when the server is forcefully closed (e.g. intentional close, no crash). In case of a crash, the server switches to "crash mode". In this mode, the game will not start - instead it will allow everyone to vote for the next map. This will help to minimize the damage and frustration caused by a server crash and allows for normal server operation to continue quickly.

* Nickname filter. Any nicknames that contain extended ASCII characters are renamed to "Player". This will make sure the !SEEN and !WHOIS functions can work efficiently and it will also make administrating the servers easier. Your nickname can only contain extended ASCII if you manually edited your User.ini file. Any names entered through UT's "Player Setup" are allowed. Don't worry. You can find a list of ASCII characters by clicking HERE. All characters after 126 are not allowed to be used.

* ExtendedLMS: anti-idle suicide. This will make a player commit suicide if he/she hasn't moved for 20 seconds. This is helpful for bots that are camping or 1v1's in which players are intentionally holding up the game by not moving (because there is no health drain). Also fixed the 0 health bug (Tommel Smile) and some other minor fixes.

* ExtendedLMS: beacons. Similar to the beacons on CTF, when you spectate a match on LMS you will now see beacons hovering above each player showing their name and health. This will make spectating a match (even more) fun.

* Server logo. Added a logo to the servers. Still v400 compatible, of course.

* No more virtualization. I have moved the servers to a "physical" machine. This could (should?) result in less lag.

* ...And much more. Obviously Wink

I'm eager to hear your feedback. I've been thoroughly testing the servers, so if you find a bug or have another suggestion (no, CTF-Ranel will not be added) please let me know. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
MHAD

MHAD

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:27 pm

cool rob! this sounds like a who new ND transformation, only problem is... it's not on gametracker!
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:32 pm

MyHopesAndDreams wrote:
cool rob! this sounds like a who new ND transformation, only problem is... it's not on gametracker!

What is not on GameTracker? If you mean the servers, then that's correct. Due to the extended downtime they only get scanned once every few hours. Also, the servers aren't back yet because I'm uploading files as we speak.

Sorry about the colors Wink but it was the least I could do to make the long text a bit more interesting to read.
Back to top Go down
MHAD

MHAD

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:33 pm

hey i like it =) i think im changing my post styles What a Face What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nd server gone? suggest a new server
Page 9 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next