Black Luster Soldiers - BLS - Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Community database: HERE!

nd server gone? suggest a new server

Go down 
+26
GP-Jubix-Nightmare
exyt
terminator
|Dark|-Zar-
BLS|CirO
BLS:/\
JackDaniels^
`Chr1st-BLS
BLS>Skye
Jesse
MHAD
ß ¹ º
Ch3rry
Rob
twojstary
Capital
Kron
Syphilix
|BLS|Lazarus
{Dark}Shadow
Blub
-{BLS}-Anonymous-
BLS'Vegere
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud
|BLS|Lidstrom
|BLS|Zek
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Blub

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:24 am

|BLS| iLLus!0n-NsT^ wrote:
rob always has plain simple nicks that even a retard could guess compared to all of our nicks lol Razz

thanks man, you've just made my day ... Sad
Back to top Go down
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 FaithfulComrade

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Malcolm Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:06 pm

A couple of things:

1) Have you reverted to an earlier version of the grapple? It was working near-flawlessly for a couple of days, but now it's being a bit temperamental again; I keep falling into lava|space|bottomless-voids, or getting stuck on things when it doesn't retract first time.

2) Actually, this is a two-part request, and it's kind of blue-sky... Is there any chance that - on ND2 - you could modify the behaviour of the shock rifle secondary fire (the plasma ball) so that:

- getting hit by a plasma ball does no damage
- getting hit by a plasma ball does NOT change your speed and direction

The first because it's really annoying to get hit by random ball-spam, I keep coming around corners into wall of secondary that was fired without a target in mind. The second is something I've thought should be default behaviour for a long time, the hit-box for the plasma ball is so enormous that you can't evade them in tight corridors, and it's endlessly frustrating when somebody just stands there knocking you around with 'em. It'd be far better if they just 'passed through' you without interfering with your momentum so that you had a chance to fight back without being tossed across the room.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:17 pm

=*dark*=Shai-Hulud wrote:
A couple of things:
1)
2)

1) Nothing's changed. I have noticed this too though and will look into it tomorrow (seems to still work ok on ND2 scratch ).

2) The shock balls are already limited, so those accidental or "spam" shots should occur less frequently. I don't think it would be a good idea to make the shock ball inflict no damage; that'd be odd. I suppose I could reduce the size of the "hitbox", as you put it. This would in theory make it harder to be hit by a shock ball, although I have no idea how well it works in the game. I'd have to look into that.

I can incorporate the no boosting request, though I'm not sure if it's still relevant if you are going to die from the shock ball anyway? It would protect against boosting from friendly fire though. I could also stop boosting from primary fire. Would this be desirable in your opinion? Again I don't really see the usefulness of this, but if you think it would still be a good feature to add, please elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:10 pm

Here is what I have so far:

- New version of the hook, which should perform as "well" as the previous installment scratch
- The hook's pulling sound is a little louder

- You can no longer boost or be boosted by your team mates (I made this configurable, so I can turn this on/off in the blink of an eye).
- The "hitbox" of the shockball has been reduced by 50%.
- The "hitbox" of a combo has been reduced by 20%.
- The shockball has a new visual effect that can be seen on normal ground surfaces.

Also, DoubleJump is no longer present. Fuckin pro yo! Laughing

Here's a shot of the effect:
nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 Shballfxib4.th

It only works on normal ground surfaces, but that might be due to my modified graphic settings.. fun anway bounce

Last edited by Rob on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 PartyPooper
Job/hobbies : OGC
Humor : No, too serious for that!

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Matrix Matrix

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Rob wrote:
Here is what I have so far:

- New version of the hook, which should perform as "well" as the previous installment scratch
- The hook's pulling sound is a little louder

- You can no longer boost or be boosted by your team mates (I made this configurable, so I can turn this on/off in the blink of an eye).
- The "hitbox" of the shockball has been reduced by 50%.
- The "hitbox" of a combo has been reduced by 20%.
- The shockball has a new visual effect that can be seen on normal ground surfaces.

Also, DoubleJump is no longer present. Fuckin pro yo! Laughing

Nice! I hope that change will be very effective. Especially on less skilled players... What a Face

The hook's sound even noiser? Man, we can't be James Bond... Laughing All revealed.

But for Djump, I noticed that last time I played... I was glad! Cool People are gonna learn the true way of dodging... I have a long list of names in mind... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://blsclan.friendhood.net
-{BLS}-Anonymous-

-{BLS}-Anonymous-

Humor : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:37 pm

mine starts with marat..
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:22 pm

Hahaha Anon... Exactly the same as me... Marat first, then n00b 2nd, then chaos (the japanese dude) but he has reduced abusing it so he's truly skilled, then the rest are about the same... They don't abuse it until they have rocket launcher in their hands or they wanna "nonstop dodge" from something. <--- such as Mareike. Razz
Hey talking about Mareike, MC said Mareike is better than me but other people said I'm way more fearful than her ever since J0ker taught me how to move... Who's right? Laughing

Rob wrote:

Here's a shot of the effect:
nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 Shballfxib4.th

It only works on normal ground surfaces, but that might be due to my modified graphic settings.. fun anway bounce

Nice effect! I will enjoy the beauty of it...
By the way, were you shooting at someone or is it a ghost in the picture? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Syphilix

Syphilix

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:55 pm

Last edited by Syphilix on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:24 pm

If there's no limit, then the secondary fire should make no damage and no boost... Cool Only effective for combos.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:54 pm

The limit on secondary fire has been precisely fine tuned so you should never be bothered by it if you play 'normal'. That is, you use it to make combo's and not just to spam shock balls. You are allowed to shoot 7 shock balls in a time window of 10 seconds. That should be enough to make combo's and even have a few misfired balls. If you never want to run out, you should space your shock balls ~1.4sec apart Wink When you DO run out, it is only for 4 seconds, BUT if you attempt to fire shock balls during that period, you will have to wait another 4 seconds and this can be extended indefinitely (to discourage people from keeping the button pressed).

If you do want to shoot an excess of shock balls then I agree with strøms view. Yet I still think it would be lame to have a shockball inflict no damage.. a bit too UNreal if you catch my drift Wink

---

I've just received a hook request from a special someone: he requested that the hook should be able to be released during flight whilst you have another weapon selected. So for instance say you shoot your hook, then select the Rocket Launcher and want to prematurely release the hook, all you'd have to do is press your jump key and you will be free!

I have this working in a development build on a test server (haha that sounds way too professional Laughing) and I think it could really be a "pro" feature once you get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
Capital

Job/hobbies : Unreal Tournament and some others
Humor : ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 5:39 pm

why did U quit the triple jump Sad ?
Back to top Go down
http://fotolog.com/coronelalbo
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 6:02 pm

MR.sLeEeCk wrote:
why did U quit the triple jump Sad ?

The only reason it was ever put on was to offer some sort of replacement for the translocator (pre-Grapple era). After that it wasn't needed but most were so used to it they asked me to keep it. Lately I've been getting support to remove it and therefor I did.

--

Check out this great wall of hook love.

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 Greatbeastoflondonen3.th
Actually it was a bug Laughing
Back to top Go down
Syphilix

Syphilix

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 6:08 pm

Last edited by Syphilix on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 6:12 pm

Nice to know the whole complete details of how the combogib works. Now we should be able to know how to use it properly... Cool I feel bad for those who don't come here to read it... They are probably the type of people who like to buy products without reading the manuals...

Did you "freeze" the time to make those "blue fireflies look-alike" bug?
I also like the idea of jumping... Very PRO! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:20 pm

|BLS|Lidstrom wrote:
I feel bad for those who don't come here to read it... They are probably the type of people who like to buy products without reading the manuals..

If a player plays normal, he won't need the extra information Smile

--

Here's a video to illustrate the new feature (not on the servers yet):

Grappling Hook jump release *click*
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:49 pm

Rob wrote:
|BLS|Lidstrom wrote:
I feel bad for those who don't come here to read it... They are probably the type of people who like to buy products without reading the manuals..

If a player plays normal, he won't need the extra information Smile

--

Here's a video to illustrate the new feature (not on the servers yet):

Grappling Hook jump release *click*

HAHAHAHA "fuckyouasshole1"... A type of name that some guys would use to give shitty comments on others' videos... Laughing

But yeah... Nice demonstration of the hook... Cool
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 SilentButDeadly
Job/hobbies : Tech and Art
Humor : Virtual Reality

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Blake Blake

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:52 am

I have an idea for ComboGib:
nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 Xlfl2v
This is ASMD from Unreal 1(the ancestor of Shock Rifle)
So why don't you make the shock ball like this as it will be harder to hit people.
You can also set the combo radius to be bigger so it is more rewarding - it's harder to hit the ball but when you do it is devastating.

Here is ASMD combo(normal):
nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 2vadvtx

Another idea:
You can make ComboGib version of ASMD - the Unreal 1 weapons package is in UT99 but hidden,called UnrealShare
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:07 am

I'm very happy with the way ComboGib is currently, thank you. Besides, I can reduce the size of the shockball and make it harder to hit. I actually had this in a test version, but then decided that I wanted it to be like a shock rifle so there's no new skill to be learned. Instead I decided to reduce the "hitbox" to balance out combo shots with primary fire. I think they are well balanced now.

Edit: now that I read it back it sounds quite rude. Not my intention Cool
Back to top Go down
Kron

Kron

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 BulletDodger
Job/hobbies : My Education
Humor : You

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Gorn Gorn

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:19 am

wow hmmm Razz
i leave and everything changes . . . now marat and noob are gonna suck!!!! they cant dodge lol Razz
the only person i know that mastered the jump dodge is blub
lol they are noobs now Razz Razz Razz this is gonna be fun when i get back
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:06 am

|BLS| iLLus!0n-NsT^ wrote:
wow hmmm Razz
i leave and everything changes . . . now marat and noob are gonna suck!!!! they cant dodge lol Razz
the only person i know that mastered the jump dodge is blub
lol they are noobs now Razz Razz Razz this is gonna be fun when i get back

I can tell you, marat and n00b looked pathetic when I saw them... I almost had pity for them... Their habit of pressing jump keys 100 times a minute is still in them. Aaaah... At least they learned to side dodge a little. So that's a good start...
Back to top Go down
Kron

Kron

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 4:12 pm

lol i cant wait to get back to see the new upgrades in ND Very Happy
im so excited now
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:07 pm

Almost done with LMS. Here is what's up (text taken from 'mutate info' Wink):

# = amount of
hp = Health points

o Allows players to join mid-game, starting with the # lives equal to the worst player in the game.
o If the worst player in the game has less than 3 lives left, the game closes for new players.
o Rejoining once that match has started will cause the player to be OUT, irregardless of the # lives left before rejoining.
o More...

These features are only active with more than 2 active players:
o Every kill is rewarded with +50 health. In addition every 4th kill without dying is rewarded with a bonus (powerup).
o Every player's health drains at 1hp/s. The longer a player goes without killing, the faster his/her health starts draining.
o If health drain exceeds 1hp/s or health drops below 10hp, a visual and audible message is broadcast to the player.

I have built it completely from scratch. The major change for players is the anti-camping system. It no longer punishes you for staying in the same area too long (that method has its flaws), instead it checks how frequently you make kills. Besides that, powerups are no longer given at random: you get them for every 4th kill you make. Sort of like a bonus spree. For the rest there's a lot of nifty stuff going on under the hood. Hope to have it online asap.
Back to top Go down
Kron

Kron

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:57 pm

sounds cool Razz even though i really suck bad at lms
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:13 pm

Online now at cheese.burgers.be:666.

Pay a visit, play some matches, get hooked.

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 B_560x95

The player count is tricky, but it basically works like this: 24/32 is an empty server. 32/32 is a full server. So there are 8 player slots... enjoy! Cool Cool Just want to see if I can fool Gametracker like this and end up in the top5 server rank Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kron

Kron

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:02 am

drunken lms makes your score/min look shitty or am i seeing things??
(look at pops score/min and youll understand)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nd server gone? suggest a new server
Page 5 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next