Black Luster Soldiers - BLS - Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Community database: HERE!

nd server gone? suggest a new server

Go down 
+26
GP-Jubix-Nightmare
exyt
terminator
|Dark|-Zar-
BLS|CirO
BLS:/\
JackDaniels^
`Chr1st-BLS
BLS>Skye
Jesse
MHAD
ß ¹ º
Ch3rry
Rob
twojstary
Capital
Kron
Syphilix
|BLS|Lazarus
{Dark}Shadow
Blub
-{BLS}-Anonymous-
BLS'Vegere
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud
|BLS|Lidstrom
|BLS|Zek
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 FaithfulComrade

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Malcolm Malcolm

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:24 pm

I haven't played much recently because:

- I was warned that wearing the tag would mean getting auto-kicked
- I've been trying to complete another game in my spare time - damn you Total War! I'm not coming back until I've conquered Europe!
- Indifference: I played too much and stopped feeling motivated. It's a phase
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 SilentButDeadly
Job/hobbies : Tech and Art
Humor : Virtual Reality

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Blake Blake

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Actually the server settings have been reset - check the 3rd page.But we have to ask Rob to unban us.

Total War? Is that Medieval Total War 1 - I've played it but it's hard to conquer whole Europe.
I've also played a wide range of strategy games before(still like them more than FPS):
Lords of Magic,Homeworld Cataclysm,Age of Wonders 2,Command & Conquer Generals - Generals Zero Hour - Tiberium Wars....

I also can't play too much now - I have to study(but I will play every day a little)
Back to top Go down
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:15 pm

No, Rome Total War: he's got Medieval Total War (1 & 2), so I might try one or both of those next. I spent untold hours playing the original Command & Conquer and Red Alert, I didn't think much of Tiberium Sun and Generals was so-so; I'm quite keen to have a go at Supreme Commander, it's had really good reviews.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:18 pm

The scoreboard now shows the spectators in the game as well (but not me bounce). Since I had to update both scoreboards, that's ~120KB fresh to download for you all.

The bans have been cleared for those cod members (or related) who I have seen accessing the server in the past couple of days. flower
Back to top Go down
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:51 pm

That's cool - out of curiousity, why were they excluded before? I decided it was because GameTracker probably doesn't have the fidelity to distinguish between playing and non-playing players, so as a spectator, your FPS would plummet - and you were taking that into account, but it was just a guess.
Is there any limit to the number of spectators?
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Nono, it has nothing to do with Gametracker or statistics. It's just the way UT works by default: it doesn't show spectators on the scoreboard (neither does SmartCTF). I might release a public version of SmartCTF with this feature and some additions, but I digress.

I have some good news though: I've just finished the second (well, actually third) version of ComboGib. Players can now no longer "spam" the secondary fire of the ComboGibRifle. I will do some more testing and install it tomorrow. bounce

MaxSpectators = 8.
Back to top Go down
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:16 am

Oh God yes! That's pretty much the most needed default game change IMO - nice job; down with ball spam!
Back to top Go down
-{BLS}-Anonymous-

-{BLS}-Anonymous-

Humor : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:25 am

thank lord its gonna be changed =]
Back to top Go down
BLS'Vegere
BLS Leader

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 MCagain
Job/hobbies : Playing poker, writing poetry/stories.
Humor : I AM humour :D

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Xan Xan

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 pm

Yea, that ball spam is so scary.

Anonymous I'll have my revenge Razz
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 PartyPooper
Job/hobbies : OGC
Humor : No, too serious for that!

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Matrix Matrix

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:06 pm

Ball spam made Kamil play like a 100% noob with a finger stuck on "fire" button for life...
Back to top Go down
http://blsclan.friendhood.net
-{BLS}-Anonymous-

-{BLS}-Anonymous-

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:43 am

Mc - I strictly remember someone camping in the turret in CTF-September spamming sec fire Razz

My shots were precise =]
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:23 am

I prefer the primary fire of ComboGib - but it requires good aim.
I was on ND2 yesterday - had a monster kill with only primary fire.I kept slaying people going backwards carrying the flag - had 4 caps in one game and 100 kills.I might post some screenshots.I had crazy score on ND1 but my game crashed when I pressed F9.
BTW is it just me or... It's too easy on ND now.
Back to top Go down
-{BLS}-Anonymous-

-{BLS}-Anonymous-

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:52 am

i got 152 kills yesterday

I dont play it that much , it is quite easy , but i like to test myself against the really good players who play

I was able to stay along side the players like Rayman and BIOLY yesterday when it came to kills
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:15 am

I wasn't playing like I usually do - just kill kill kill.I was capping LOL.In one game I came 5 minutes later and I was the first on the list on the end.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:03 am

Yay the heat got the best of me (well, the server) again x2 (actually downclocked the processor now) cherry Back in approx. 5 minutes.

If you have suggestions how to make ND2 (even?) better.. or ND1 for that matter.. let me know. But you already knew that so this post is totally obsolete.

Last edited by Rob on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:35 pm

Well ND doesn't always have skilled players all the time compared to old days... Which is why I often ask some guys to join one team against me, to play 3 vs me, or even 5 vs me alone.

Yesterday, I was gonna have a complete fun playing against Tinribs for my last game of the night before sleep but my mouse batteries died at the end of the game while I was loading rockets which made me kill myself. Until I went to spectating mode, almost all my teammates also left so I suppose they were just relying on me all the time...

Just like J0ker said, if you want a good challenge and you want to improve your skills, go to .de old friends, FFA inzane and stuff like that from the .de servers... He suggested no other server. For J0ker, those servers may be already easy for him but he doesn't know any better pro servers... He only has to wait for the pros the show up... He's already a pro himself and wants to be a god. I don't think I've ever seen someone doing midair headshots while flipping fast in midair with the use of translocating before even landing on the ground. J0ker style. When he's having bad days, he's still doing very good...
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:24 pm

The trick with the sniper is that you shouldn't track the enemy with your sniper but shoot one target on the floor near the enemy.The enemy will move to avoid,but it will get in your fire and die.It's much better than to track and shoot,this way you have less chances to miss.

Rob check the Excessive Overkill mod - might be nice for ND1/2:
http://ut-files.kissthepants.com/Excessive_Overkill/excessive2_0.zip

And finally I got my own server to work under Linux - the damn router was the problem.
After activating DMZ and setting port forward to 192.168.1.3(my internal IP) it WORKS.I wrote the address on another PC with dial-up and it said:

[LINUX] {Dark} Darkness Clan Server Ping 204 CTF-Facing Worlds Players 0/16

Gametracker(will work only temporarily - 'cause IP will change):
nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 B_560x95
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:01 pm

{Dark}Shadow wrote:

And finally I got my own server to work under Linux - the damn router was the problem.

Haha you should've told me you had problems. I've made this topic for people like you *click*

Edit: the reason it would only work after you had connected to your own server through dial-up, was probably because of uPnP. This will automatically create port forwards as needed and is enabled by default in most home routers; though it's a great security risk!
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:33 pm

Thanks a lot!I remember this site - I've used it to find some servers,didn't know it can find my own server though.

uPnP is disabled in my router setup - router is Huawei MT882v2(info from portforward)

Last edited by {Dark}Shadow on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:57 pm

This is newsworthy: I've added a pro ( Laughing Laughing sorry, can't control my laughter) map to ND1: CTF-Bleak-CE100. Surprisingly it's actually pretty fun to play and the grappling hook also works well due to the open space in the map. It takes a few minutes to get the hang of.. and quite some minutes to download (for most) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 5:09 pm

|BLS|Lidstrom wrote:
Well ND doesn't always have skilled players all the time compared to old days...

So true. I just took this screenshot to illustrate:

nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 Unskilledgl1.th

You'd expect people would have gained some playing experience by now (with the game being over 9 years old).
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:21 pm

Hahaha... Thanks for the screenshot... Laughing I like the title of the image file... It shows how it is everyday in average... It could have been worse than that... Laughing I tried to bring some skilled players to spice things up but we often spectate to give some chances for those less skilled players to have their moment of glory... Cool

I know that a lot of old experienced UT99 players moved on to UT2k3, UT2k4 and then UTk8... But those who really love UT99 (like me) remain.
My UT2k4 is in the closet... over 5 damn CDs to install but my computer now needs a bit more space because I'm hosting a website of trafficked music albums and even 5 HD aren't enough to store all my musics / movies / videos... What a Face UT99 is just very fun to play and not over 1gb yet on my PC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 4:38 am

|BLS|Lidstrom wrote:
UT99 is just very fun to play and not over 1gb yet on my PC.

mine is at 2,75 GB already Razz
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:59 pm

Down for maintenance.

Last edited by Rob on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : brief)
Back to top Go down
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:40 pm

The grappling hook is working a *lot* better now - it still glitches occassionally, but much more rarely than before, so that's cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nd server gone? suggest a new server   nd server gone? suggest a new server - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nd server gone? suggest a new server
Page 3 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next