Black Luster Soldiers - BLS - Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Community database: HERE!

Trouble Browsing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MHAD

MHAD

Trouble Browsing CuriousCat

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Necrotic Necrotic

Trouble Browsing Empty
PostSubject: Trouble Browsing   Trouble Browsing I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Due to some dumb-ass software my retarded weirdo sister downloaded onto my computer, every page I close is automatically returned when I open it back up. At first it didn't ignore me, but now it is really starting to get on my nerves because of the sheer inconvenience. The program downloaded was MyWebSearch (evil).

Any idea how to disable this shit? I'm using newest version of Mozilla Firefox.
Back to top Go down
http://clandarkness.freeforums.org/portal.php
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

Trouble Browsing PartyPooper
Job/hobbies : OGC
Humor : No, too serious for that!

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Matrix Matrix

Trouble Browsing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Browsing   Trouble Browsing I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Get mbam:
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

Download, install, UPDATE IT FIRST...
Perform a quick scan, no need of full scan for this one.
Delete all what it has found.

By then, get hjt:
http://download.cnet.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html

Scan with a log file, a notepad will pop up, copy all what's in there and paste here... I'll check out what's left that could be wrong...
Back to top Go down
http://blsclan.friendhood.net
$carface

Trouble Browsing AFKexpert

Trouble Browsing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Browsing   Trouble Browsing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:35 am

Also, add spybot to that list Smile
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

Trouble Browsing PartyPooper
Job/hobbies : OGC
Humor : No, too serious for that!

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Matrix Matrix

Trouble Browsing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Browsing   Trouble Browsing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:58 am

Hehe no need in this case with that infection... Razz
But yeah it's recommended to protect your computer though...
Spybot is good at protecting your registry and all, because of its "resident" tea-timer which will prevent any change done to your registry... But when it comes to spotting infections, it didn't spot most of my crew's created spywares... Worse of course with sneaky viruses, worms etc...
That still leaves to other protections needed (and unprovided by spybot) like the files you download... Spybot wouldn't spot infected downloaded files like AVG or Avast or few other free anti-virus would do...
I tried to create a sneaky virus through vbscript and I wasn't even half done with it and Avast killed it...

Malwarebytes is a great exterminator though... Ideal if you already got infected haha...
By then, this is why I request the hjt log... Perhaps after seeing that hjt log, I may need a dds log or recommending combofix along with its log.

A lot of infections can only be exterminated by the help of a security expert... which is where I've been specializing myself in the past... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://blsclan.friendhood.net
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

Trouble Browsing SilentButDeadly
Job/hobbies : Tech and Art
Humor : Virtual Reality

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Blake Blake

Trouble Browsing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Browsing   Trouble Browsing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:29 am

For Win cleaning, I use ESET NOD32 Smart Security, Ad-aware Pro, Spybot and MBAM. There are some viruses that cannot be cleaned using any of these tools, if they got deep into system files (from the public ones, Win32.Agent and Brontok are my favs). Do not use Internet Explorer, switch to Firefox (most features) / Opera (faster than FF) / Chrome (faster) / Midori (fastest, but still in testing phase).
Try these tools out. If you have to reinstall, I recommend a slipstreamed version of XP SP3 with less services on (MicroXP) and updated NOD32 on top of that right after installation. Vista and Seven are not needed for new programs other than games with DirectX 10 (they have DX9 mode and OpenGL is better anyway).
Windows is a playground, since it's needed for gamers and hackers alike. Razz
Back to top Go down
$carface

Trouble Browsing AFKexpert

Trouble Browsing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Browsing   Trouble Browsing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:03 am

I also use ESET NOD32 (paid licence) and I would recommend it to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trouble Browsing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Browsing   Trouble Browsing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble Browsing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Luster Soldiers - BLS - Clan :: Unreal Tournament :: Problems-
Jump to: