Black Luster Soldiers - BLS - Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Community database: HERE!

UT99 on Windows Vista?

Go down 
+4
|BLS|Lazarus
MHAD
Rob
Jesse
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesse

UT99 on Windows Vista? TryingToLookGood
Job/hobbies : watching football, Playing Tennis, music, girls ;D
Humor : the chickenhead (artu)

UT99 on Windows Vista? Empty
PostSubject: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:32 am

I'm looking for buying a new computer.
Every computer you buy this day has Windows Vista.
So my question is: does UT99 work on Windows Vista?
And does someone have Windows Vista?
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Yes it does, on both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Vista (the latter is required recommended if your computer has more than 3GB of RAM). It even works on Windows 7, the successor to Vista. So no worries!

All you might have to worry about are power savings features such as 'Cool 'n Quiet' which shift the CPU's clock speed based on demand. UT can't deal with this and it will make your game unplayable. Another issue is that new graphics cards are so fast they are actually too powerful for UT and render too many frames per second (FPS). For both these problems there are solutions if they might occur.

Zet 'm op.... Jesse! Running, running.... Cool
Back to top Go down
MHAD

MHAD

UT99 on Windows Vista? CuriousCat

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Necrotic Necrotic

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Rob wrote:
Yes it does, on both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Vista (the latter is required recommended if your computer has more than 3GB of RAM). It even works on Windows 7, the successor to Vista. So no worries!

All you might have to worry about are power savings features such as 'Cool 'n Quiet' which shift the CPU's clock speed based on demand. UT can't deal with this and it will make your game unplayable. Another issue is that new graphics cards are so fast they are actually too powerful for UT and render too many frames per second (FPS). For both these problems there are solutions if they might occur.

Zet 'm op.... Jesse! Running, running.... Cool

I run UT99 on Vista, it works great!
Back to top Go down
http://clandarkness.freeforums.org/portal.php
|BLS|Lazarus
European Leader
|BLS|Lazarus

UT99 on Windows Vista? TitleLAZ
Job/hobbies : Church, music, nature, sport
Humor : My force fed goat

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:11 pm

{Dark}Jesse wrote:

I run UT on Vista.. it sucks for me.. in the beginning I had hard time making it work.. I'm not a computer pro like most of the dark's but I'm not a dummie like.. sumones xD either xD

But I had to run if through software rendering to make it work.. and then change between 800x600 and that stuff a couple of times every time I start up Ut.. to get the sound work good :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
MHAD

MHAD

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:12 pm

|BLS|Lazarus wrote:
{Dark}Jesse wrote:

I run UT on Vista.. it sucks for me.. in the beginning I had hard time making it work.. I'm not a computer pro like most of the dark's but I'm not a dummie like.. sumones xD either xD

But I had to run if through software rendering to make it work.. and then change between 800x600 and that stuff a couple of times every time I start up Ut.. to get the sound work good :/

I know nothing of computers. Just Shai and Shad do.
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Ok, I understand it works great.
And about the ''renderers'' Rob, sometimes with renderer checks you see ''UTGLR v. blabla'' or D3D8/9'' do do those renders look better or something? If so, say it!
Back to top Go down
MHAD

MHAD

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:23 pm

{Dark}Jesse wrote:
Ok, I understand it works great.
And about the ''renderers'' Rob, sometimes with renderer checks you see ''UTGLR v. blabla'' or D3D8/9'' do do those renders look better or something? If so, say it!

So i take that back, Jesse, Shai and Shad know something about computers.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:24 pm

|BLS|Lazarus wrote:

You fit the description of the problems I described. For the sound issue, you should increase the sound latency slightly (type preferences in console and navigate to the Audio part). Never use Software Rendering if your graphics card supports 3D acceleration (pretty much any computer less than 10 years old Wink). Instead, read my older topic about using the latest D3D/OpenGL renderers, which are optimized for use with modern computer configurations.

RE: Jesse: these renderers do indeed boost performance!
Back to top Go down
MHAD

MHAD

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Rob wrote:
|BLS|Lazarus wrote:

You fit the description of the problems I described. For the sound issue, you should increase the sound latency slightly (type preferences in console and navigate to the Audio part). Never use Software Rendering if your graphics card supports 3D acceleration (pretty much any computer less than 10 years old Wink). Instead, read my older topic about using the latest D3D/OpenGL renderers, which are optimized for use with modern computer configurations.

Rob, can you remove that pic from your sig? It makes me sick.

At least its not.... GOATSE!!!
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:28 pm

Rob wrote:

Rogerrrrr Smile
Back to top Go down
josalv3

josalv3

Job/hobbies : video games, student, animation
Humor : Ha ha ha!

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:47 pm

I, too, run UT99 on Vista. If it helps, the power of your computer depends on how UT will react to them. I don't want to get all "cocky" on you guys (ROB'S SIG!! x[ ), but since i've installed UT, I didn't have many problems tweaking it to my needs. I use the standard Direct3D Support, but if anyone can tell me if they use something else, let me kno. Wink
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

UT99 on Windows Vista? SilentButDeadly
Job/hobbies : Tech and Art
Humor : Virtual Reality

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Blake Blake

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:47 am

Vista is Sleep ! Like every Windows. It gets more and more bloated every time they release a new version. Who needs graphics "improvement", the old Win95 can run UT without any hassle, not like Vista. Smile
Go to http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
Download the Desktop Edition, burn it to a CD, backup your data and install Linux.
No viruses, it's faster than any Windows version, and can run on any PC newer than 286. So, if you have a PC from 90s with an Accelerated Graphic Port and 16MB AGP VGA, you can still play UT. No need for new renderers.
The Linux UT install can be downloaded here (and it automatically patches your UT to v436 when installed):
http://liflg.org/?what=dl&catid=6&gameid=51&filename=unreal.tournament_436-multilanguage.run

Good luck & have fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MHAD

MHAD

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:52 pm

{Dark}Shadow wrote:
Vista is Sleep ! Like every Windows. It gets more and more bloated every time they release a new version. Who needs graphics "improvement", the old Win95 can run UT without any hassle, not like Vista. Smile
Go to http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
Download the Desktop Edition, burn it to a CD, backup your data and install Linux.
No viruses, it's faster than any Windows version, and can run on any PC newer than 286. So, if you have a PC from 90s with an Accelerated Graphic Port and 16MB AGP VGA, you can still play UT. No need for new renderers.
The Linux UT install can be downloaded here (and it automatically patches your UT to v436 when installed):
http://liflg.org/?what=dl&catid=6&gameid=51&filename=unreal.tournament_436-multilanguage.run

Good luck & have fun! Very Happy

I'm starting to wonder if Shadow is a bot sent by Linux to advertise for us.
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:14 am

And you're sent by Bill Gates to say that?
Back to top Go down
MHAD

MHAD

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:58 pm

{Dark}Shadow wrote:
And you're sent by Bill Gates to say that?

Yeah, he pays me loads of money.
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Haha, MHAD owned Shadow Razz
Back to top Go down
Ch3rry

Ch3rry

UT99 on Windows Vista? UTdiva
Job/hobbies : Environmental science
Humor : The big bang theory

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Nikita Nikita

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:44 pm

.. i agree with shadow..i see everyday posts all over forums and reasons why windows suck so much ... so think it twice for those who install new versions of windows etc..with linux u also have the chance to get occupied a bit more with computers and learn some more.. windows are just a fantasy of perfection that someone else does the job for u instead in ur pc
and mhad lol..there is an option that u just dont look at his sign all the time..
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalon25.blogspot.com
MHAD

MHAD

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:06 pm

*Ch3rry* wrote:
.. i agree with shadow..i see everyday posts all over forums and reasons why windows suck so much ... so think it twice for those who install new versions of windows etc..with linux u also have the chance to get occupied a bit more with computers and learn some more.. windows are just a fantasy of perfection that someone else does the job for u instead in ur pc
and mhad lol..there is an option that u just dont look at his sign all the time..

?????
Back to top Go down
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:50 am

{Dark}Jesse wrote:
Haha, MHAD owned Shadow Razz

I guess you and MHAD are part of the 96% PC noobs who use Windows and support it without even knowing how it works lmao.
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:09 am

I'm not supporting it. xD
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT99 on Windows Vista? PartyPooper
Job/hobbies : OGC
Humor : No, too serious for that!

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Matrix Matrix

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Pirated windows hahaha...
Backtrack is the current Linux that I'm using a lot...
Especially for hackings...

I was trying to boot ubuntu on my friend's laptop which is using a windows xp... and I was trying to modify and set some binary values in windows registry from there (using ubuntu with wine)... and it goes BEEEP like it as if it's saying "fuck window's binary values" HAHAHA I can translate its loud beep... Razz String values were fine but even there, Ubuntu refuses to save the registry settings... Anyway, ubuntu's experts suggested to get pcregedit to boot and fix that way rather than using ubuntu to fix window's registry (especially binary values)... Its shows how Windows and Ubuntu don't like each others...
Back to top Go down
http://blsclan.friendhood.net
{Dark}Shadow

{Dark}Shadow

UT Player Information

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:45 am

Download a registry editing/recovery program and try it in Wine (there are lots of em, but there should be a program which works). Wine's regedit isn't compatible with Windows' one.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:57 am

|BLS|Lidstrom wrote:
I was trying to boot ubuntu on my friend's laptop which is using a windows xp... and I was trying to modify and set some binary values in windows registry from there

Not being a Linux user myself, but I have some experience with accessing Windows installations without using Windows (well, a "real" Windows that is Wink). By use of a recovery CD among other things. My favorite is BartPE.
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT99 on Windows Vista? PartyPooper
Job/hobbies : OGC
Humor : No, too serious for that!

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Matrix Matrix

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:40 pm

Yeah I know about BartPE... But PCRegedit is pretty good for registry (bootable). But for other things, well, BartPE is the one... They're the two most useful I've known so far to fix something inside Windows.
I just used Ubuntu like that to try to fix the window's registry because I didn't have BartPE with me or PCRegedit. Too lazy to get one but I had no choice but to download them and burn them on CD after all.

And Shadow, it's quite useless because of the binary values... A lot of people got fooled by those programs because it looks like it's working, when after all, it's not even saving the modifications in the registry correctly.
Back to top Go down
http://blsclan.friendhood.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UT99 on Windows Vista?   UT99 on Windows Vista? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UT99 on Windows Vista?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next