Black Luster Soldiers - BLS - Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Community database: HERE!

Anyone siege-ing?

Go down 
+8
BLS'Vegere
Kron
|BLS|Lazarus
terminator
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud
SogeKing
|BLS|Lidstrom
$carface
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
$carface

Anyone siege-ing? AFKexpert

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:57 am

Hi all just wondering if anyone plays or has played siege? If not, come check it out! It is a fun gametype that adds Real Time Strategy to First Person Shooter. Your actions, your buildings, directly affect your team which can be both negatively and postivily.

The purpose of the game is to destroy the oppposing teams BaseCore. You must also defend your own at all costs! You can build items to help you protect your core and your base this includes Protectors which will shoot the enemy down to 10 health, Jetpacks which allow you to fly, Warheads which allow you to cause large amounts of damage in 1 hit. There are other buildings, too many to list but I would recommend this gametype to anyone to at least try Smile

We are hosted on an American server which is 100% dedicated. We also have some ComboGib on there that has ZP......

Look forward to reading your responses Smile
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

Anyone siege-ing? PartyPooper
Job/hobbies : OGC
Humor : No, too serious for that!

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Matrix Matrix

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:24 am

Sounds very interesting and fun! Thanks!
I'll have a look at your server once I'll have time. Cool
And hopefully after that I'll bring more people there.
Back to top Go down
http://blsclan.friendhood.net
SogeKing

SogeKing

Anyone siege-ing? FlagAssassin
Job/hobbies : UT, weight training, sports, hot chicks!
Humor : lel

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Radkin Radkin

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:35 pm

I believed I was Kicked and/or banned from that server for sucking too much on Siege. Razz
I got an admin message saying "Learn how to play noob" or something like that lol
Anyhow, I'll go and see if I can join.
Back to top Go down
$carface

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Are you sure? Lol we have only 3 people on nexgen ID bans....any idea what nicn you used?
Back to top Go down
SogeKing

SogeKing

UT Player Information

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:09 pm

yeah, but I tried it and I got in.
The admin must of gotten tired of me not knowing how to play Siege and just kicked me out. LOL

Shiva, Could you leave a tutorial or something on how to play Siege, I went in and people started to get mad at me for some reason. LOL
Anyhow am clueless, a Siege Tutorial would be helpful Razz **looks like a fun game type Very Happy**

I just checked your page, I liked the poster you had in the front page, looks similar to the one I made! Laughing

Anyone siege-ing? Uncle_sam1copy

You guys are an American clan? Very Happy

Last edited by SogeKing on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT Player Information

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Soge, how about something as simple as spectating first? Observe and see what everyone is doing and next time you do the same once you understand the whole basics? Razz
Back to top Go down
=*dark*=Shai-Hulud

Anyone siege-ing? FaithfulComrade

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Malcolm Malcolm

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Siege is/was on the Dark server. When I tried it (alone) on Face, the flag was replaced by a big floating diamond with a 'life' reading when the cursor was over it.

Firing at the shape reduced the counter, but I didn't stay long enough to get it down to '0'. I expect that that was the objective, though... a lot of Assault maps work in the same way, so unless I'm completely off, I'm not really sure I understand how the two differ?
Back to top Go down
$carface

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:43 am

The basics:

You need to collect RU which is basically money. With RU you can build items which will help your team fortify their base.

Depending on team strategy and how skilled the other team are you may want to either upgrade the Base Core to Level 5 as fast as possible (this will make your BaseCore genereate RU) OR build a Supplier as quickly as possible. Building a supplier quickly will allow you to obliterate the other team faster, thereby increasing your RU which you can then use to upgrade your Core. You can collect RU by killing enemies or attacking enemy buildings.

Most teams choose to build a supplier first as the supplier will give you weapons while you stand in it. Make sure you do not stand in the supplier for too long otherwise you hinder your teams defence because they cannot get any weapons while you are in there! Usually people will stand in a regular supplier for about 5-10 seconds and then leave. You will also find a repair option which you can use to boost your team mates while in supplier. This will give them 150 health. Most people also do this just before they leave the supplier as a signal "I will be leaving the supplier soon, repair me" lol

Once your team builds a Super Supplier also refered to as "SS" you can stand in the supplier for as long as you wish as a Super Supplier will supply weapons to everyone while they stand in it.

Upgrading buildings to level 5 makes them more efficient at their job and stronger. A level 1 supplier will only give you bio rifle and the asmd shock rifle. As you upgrade the supplier's level it give you minigun (level 3), rocket launcher (level 4) and sniper rifle at level 5.

You can build mines, teleportes, super boosters and more which will allow you to compromise the enemy base.

Containers increase your maximum RU storage and also heal buildings. You will typically find 1 or 2 containers near buildings to support them just so that they dont get killed easily. Make sure you do not make more then 2 or 3 containers around a supplier or super protector for example as people see this as a "leech". This basically means that the more buildings you have in a small space the more RU one will get while they are attacking the buildings. Bio Rifle works great for this.

The best thing is to watch a game or two before jumping in. There are a few reasons why I can think people would yell at you, either you were standing in the supplier for too long or you were building stuff randomly away from base? lol

People will yell as your actions effect the team directly! Just remind them you are new and ask for pointers Smile Most usually will help!

I am from the UK myself but most members are Candian/US.
Back to top Go down
terminator

terminator

Anyone siege-ing? TheLoner
Job/hobbies : Msn mass conversations xD
Humor : Alpha

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Vector Vector

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:21 am

i would play siege with u cuz i like this mode, but my ping sucks at NA servers
Back to top Go down
$carface

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:52 am

Where are you from? I ping about 120 from UK which isn't so bad with zeroping...
Back to top Go down
terminator

terminator

UT Player Information

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:39 pm

gimme ip of server, i'm from CROATIA Smile
Back to top Go down
$carface

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:31 pm

The IP is in my signature lol

We had a BLS Mattie in for quite a while today Smile

209.160.77.22 the server is 100% dedicated so it wont be like most american servers you hop onto Wink
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lazarus
European Leader
|BLS|Lazarus

Anyone siege-ing? TitleLAZ
Job/hobbies : Church, music, nature, sport
Humor : My force fed goat

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Necrotic Necrotic

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:44 pm

TERMINATOR_CRO xD hahaha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Kron

Kron

Anyone siege-ing? BulletDodger
Job/hobbies : My Education
Humor : You

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Gorn Gorn

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:29 pm

ill come in some time Very Happy
is it always populated?
Back to top Go down
SogeKing

SogeKing

UT Player Information

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:48 pm

ah, that sounds like an RPG of sorts, level up to attain more power!! Very Happy
Thanks for the useful tips Shiva, now do you have any good tips on how to us the Sniper Rifle!! Very Happy
I want to learn how to use it and yeah I am serious!
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lazarus
European Leader
|BLS|Lazarus

Anyone siege-ing? TitleLAZ
Job/hobbies : Church, music, nature, sport
Humor : My force fed goat

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Necrotic Necrotic

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:54 pm

haha didn't you pay attentions to my advices? :O
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
SogeKing

SogeKing

UT Player Information

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:57 pm

|BLS|Lazarus wrote:
haha didn't you pay attentions to my advices? :O

!Useless Neutral **male voice one**
Back to top Go down
Kron

Kron

Anyone siege-ing? BulletDodger
Job/hobbies : My Education
Humor : You

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Gorn Gorn

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:17 pm

ill help you matey xD
Back to top Go down
$carface

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:08 pm

`Kr0n wrote:
ill come in some time Very Happy
is it always populated?

It is populated alot. We have recently changed IP 3 times since my last provider closed down. I have hopped 3 different providers since and none of them have met my high expectations which my first host set. I have since moved to dedicated hosting Smile

For now the server is not as populated as it once was. We were ranked between 5th and 10th on GameTracker before we changed IP three times in a month! Things are picking up though but I want to introduce new people to siege because I think it is a gametype not many know about.

SogeKing wrote:
ah, that sounds like an RPG of sorts, level up to attain more power!! Very Happy
Thanks for the useful tips Shiva, now do you have any good tips on how to us the Sniper Rifle!! Very Happy
I want to learn how to use it and yeah I am serious!

The best tip for sniper? Practice it lol Don't get me wrong....we have some hardcore pros on our server and I swear some of them are bot like but they are not cheating. I've known some of these players for a good 5 years + and they have steadily progressed to their current skill level. Once you start practicing alot you will get better and better Smile

Try relaxing and don't try too hard, it'll come naturally Smile

On a side note, I was hoping to open an ND ComboGib server for America since there is not anyone currently catering for the Americans! I am waiting for Rob to reply...have been for week or two so I know I will be lucky to get a response any time soon lol I have managed to incorporate ZP into combogib though Smile
Back to top Go down
BLS'Vegere
BLS Leader

Anyone siege-ing? MCagain
Job/hobbies : Playing poker, writing poetry/stories.
Humor : I AM humour :D

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Xan Xan

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Yea BLS mattie is me. The game is very strategic.

I was still playing around with all the options, but yeah I was basically sniping a shit load whenever I got a chance to get it.

It's very interesting mod.
Back to top Go down
terminator

terminator

UT Player Information

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:38 pm

awesome game... 'though there are some noobs like soge that cannot stand pro like me Cool (pro comparing to him Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
|BLS|Lidstrom
Hidden Godfather
|BLS|Lidstrom

UT Player Information

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:39 pm

American ND?!?! Now that would be awesome! Cool
Rob should accept it! What a Face
Back to top Go down
SogeKing

SogeKing

UT Player Information

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:47 pm

terminator wrote:
awesome game... 'though there are some noobs like soge that cannot stand pro like me Cool (pro comparing to him Twisted Evil )

@Termi----Hey, they voted to kick you not me LOL, I never voted.

@Kron, yeah lets do this man, I have been putting off the Sniper for too long, I need to master it already Razz

@Shiva, you better hurry on that InstaGib server, I was talking to Desolation_Williams (DW)
He said he is about to make a CTF server, so I suggested that he should host a grapple, InstaGig/Normal Weapons and apparently he liked the Idea so he might beat you to it xD.
an American ND would be awesome.

Let the ND race begin!! (kind of like the space race with the Soviets! LOL)

|UK|Shiva Vs. |LP|Desolation_Williams!!

Last edited by SogeKing on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BLS'Vegere
BLS Leader

Anyone siege-ing? MCagain
Job/hobbies : Playing poker, writing poetry/stories.
Humor : I AM humour :D

UT Player Information
Current Skin: Xan Xan

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:49 pm

I don't think they like my sniping on that server Sad
Back to top Go down
terminator

terminator

UT Player Information

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

SogeKing wrote:
terminator wrote:

@Termi----Hey, they voted to kick you not me LOL, I never voted.

@Kron, yeah lets do this man, I have been putting off the Sniper for too long, I need to master it already Razz

@Shiva, you better hurry on that InstaGib server, I was talking to Desolation_Williams (DW)
He said he is about to make a CTF server, so I suggested that he should host a grapple, InstaGig/Normal Weapons and apparently he liked the Idea so he might beat you to it xD.
an American ND would be awesome.

Let the ND race begin!! (kind of like the space race with the Soviets! LOL)

|UK|Shiva Vs. |LP|Desolation_Williams!!

hmmm i didn't say anything about kick votes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone siege-ing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone siege-ing?   Anyone siege-ing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone siege-ing?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next